Monday, September 8, 2008

Make a Wish

Make A Wish Foundation By Alexandrea N.

My favorite organization is Make A Wish Foundation. They grant wishes for people with life treating medical conditions. They have been granting wishes since 1980. The first wish they ever granted was to Christopher James Greicius whose wish was to be a police officer. The family had a friend who was a police officer so, he granted the wish. The police officers’ name was Tommy Austin. So on April 29th 1980 the wish was granted. Christopher got to ride in a police helicopter, which also flew him to headquarters. There three cruisers and a motorcycle greeted him before meeting with the DPS command staff. There, Chris was sworn in as the first honorary DPS patrolman in state history. The giving didn’t stop there they mad him a custom uniform and the seamstress worked throe the night to finish it. On May 1st they gave it to him and had motorcycles proficiency test so he could earn wings for his uniform. Chris did an outstanding job and passed with his battery-operated motorcycle. May 2nd Chris was tooken back to the hospital and redid his room so he could see his uniform helmet, and “Smokey-Bear” –style campaign hat. DPS motor officer Frank Shankwitz presented him with Chris’ wings and he took them with a smile, which lit up the room. Sadly the following day Christopher James Grecius passed away, but gladly before his wish came true. They get their money from people donating to their charity.

http://www.wish.org/about/the_first_wish

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great organization that helps people with a pick-me-up when they need it the most.

Anonymous said...

this is a good foundation for kids so that way they don't feel left on activities I know a little girl that was on that show she almost died at the age of 14

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! I have always loved this organization's doings but now that I have an outline of an actual event that they did..... I am even more attached! Kudos to Make-A-Wish and to you for showing us the good.

I Blog too! Check out my site at:http://h4hunter93.edublogs.org/

Anonymous said...

I think thats a great organization they give people a wish they always want no matter what it is.



I'm bloggint to http://adrian2008.edublogs.org/

Anonymous said...

Wow i really like this one.Because it is really nice and neat that you guys can make peoples wishes that might not happen.


You should go to my blog to at
http:h7chanel.edublogs.org

Anonymous said...

I think that it is amazing that there is a orgination out there at that is willing to put there time out there for these kids. good blog

please check out my blog

http://www.h7michael93.edublogs.org/

Anonymous said...

That is a good foundation for kids . Like the ones that are in need for help and get the things that they need or want.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the make a wish foundation is and exellent foundation. I have had experianced their kindness personally, my brother is disabled and the Make A Wish foudation sent my family to Orlando, Florida to Disney World. I belive Make A Wish does great things for unlucky kids.