Monday, March 7, 2011

Receive a toy, Give a toy By: Christina Erickson :)

In 100 countries  orphans do not get presents. They also don’t get to celebrate there birthday , or any holiday for that matter. They also don’t get to bring any belongings with them. So all they had was themselfs .So when Marina and her brother Valery Bianco  got adopted and move to the united states, they saw there other sister bring home a shoe box of toys to send to  the orphans . So they decided to get some stuff to donate to them too . The shoe must include a letter to them ,  for encouragement  . So they  did  this is what marina said , "I received a box, and that I hope this box touches their life." she  also wrote her address and e-mail in case they ever wanted to reach me,". These Kids feel hopeless , Valery got in fights with boys all the time , "I would see him fight with other boys and I would run into my room and hope he was OK.  There were so many fights," Marina said. Also marina would feel so bad she just didn't care any more , "I did not care what happened to me," Marina said. "People would want to beat up on me. I thought, well that is what life is. But when I received the shoe box, I realized that someone did care for me in the world, and I thought that I should live a good life." Valery recieved his shoe box when he was 10 and Marina got her shoe box when she was 6 .Her shoe box had the simplest items: A small towel, a few toiletries, a coloring book and stickers and a small stuffed animal. The smallest items could be the best, The things Marina put in her shoe box to the orphans was , she included a coloring book, a toothbrush, hard candy, a ball and a puzzle. This is what Valery said about his shoe box , "I used to think about who sent my box, I wondered what they were like and what they enjoyed doing. I knew it was a good person with love in them," Valery said. These kids realized they are very lucky and so they started there own shoe box to give to children that were like them.




Quotes from : http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/12/17/iyw.shoebox.gift/index.htmlhttp:



Pictures from :http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/12/17/iyw.shoebox.gift/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a ton of great info, very informative piece!

Alison Knits Some Love said...

i think what u wrote about is such a great thing to do for the kids.u gave a great amount of information and facts